Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Thai Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Sauce

This was so good! And easy. I didn't use skewers because I was lazy and made it on my indoor grill, but I bet kids would love eating the chicken off of skewers. Alec wouldn't eat it, naturally, since he's on a popcorn fast, but Adrian ate it up. The peanut sauce is out of this world. I had to keep myself from eating all of it before I served supper. Once again, this is courtesy of Eating Well.

Chicken

3 tbsp lime juice
3 tbsp canola oil
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp fish sauce (buy it in the Asian section of decent grocery stores)
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1 lb chicken tenders

Whisk together first five ingredients in a shallow baking dish. Add chicken and turn to coat. Let marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.

Preheat grill to high.

Thread each chicken tender onto a skewer. Grill chicken until cooked through (about 3 minutes per side). Serve warm or chilled with peanut sauce for dipping.

Peanut sauce

2 tbsp smooth natural peanut butter
2 tbsp "lite" coconut milk
1 tbsp lime juice
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper, or to taste

Whisk together all ingredients until smooth.

This sauce will keep, covered in the refrigerator, for about 2 days.

No comments: