Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Who really has the time to cook anyway?

I don't have enough on my plate. And now, neither do the kids! And that's a good thing because...

We're slowly discovering that there are other things out there than chicken nuggets, french fries, and PB & J. My goal is to post easy recipes for food that Lilly & Joe will actually willingly consume without the fancy decorated airplane spoon entrance into the hanger of Joe's tic tac teeth filled mouth.

So, without further ado, I'll post tonight's recipe. It was a hit, which I'm so happy to say Zac prepared for us with a side of his world-famous salad and green beans! Mmmmmmm. I didn't even miss my sweets on the first day of Lent after this meal...

(compliments of allrecipes.com)

Broiled Tilapia Parmesan

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Ready In: 15 minutes
Yields: 8 servings

1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 Tbs. Mayonaise (Hellman's)
2 Tbs. Lemon Juice
1/4 tsp. dried basil (we used Italian seasoning because it was on-hand)
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1/8 tsp. onion powder
1/8 tsp. celery salt
2 lbs. tilapia fillets

Preheat your oven's broiler. (we used the high setting - ours has 2 settings)

Grease a broiling pan or line with aluminum foil.

In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayo & lemon juice. Season with dried basil, pepper, onion powder & celery salt. Mix well & set aside.

Arrange fillets on a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over & broil for a couple more minutes. Remove the fillets from the oven & cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to overcook the fish.

And that's it! Easy breezy!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Yay! This is a great idea! I have some good recipes that I can contribute (though Alec is not too picky an eater yet--he just doesn't eat at all), so can I be added as a contributer?

jen said...

Thanks, Mary! I was secretly hoping you would join in...and everyone else who has good stuff to share! Whoohoo! Sometimes I just get stuck in the cooking rut, so thanks!