Saturday, February 9, 2008

Wraps

I know it's not the most creative of all meals, but it's the only way I can get Lilly to eat a sandwich. I know sometimes I get into a rut of making the same thing, day after day, so this is a gentle reminder that there's more than one way to make a sammich.

Basic Wrap:
1 soft tortilla (white or wheat - our kids actually prefer wheat, go figure)
thinly sliced lunchmeat (the cheap kind that you can get 2 for $1)
provolone cheese (1 or 2 slices)
thinly sliced tomatoes (can add salt & garlic powder)
lettuce or sprouts
avocado, thinly sliced (if it's on hand)

You can put condiments like mayo, mustard, etc., but we usually don't. They don't care much for the stuff. I haven't tried dill relish, but I bet the pickle queen would love it! You can use any normal sandwich stuff. I know, everyone probably knows all about wraps, but like I said, ya just get into a rut sometimes and need something different.

Roll it up & keep it stuck with a toothpick if you think they'll take it out before it punctures the roof of their little mouths. Otherwise, well, I don't know. Tie it with string?? Heh.

Also try PB&J. But mix it up before you spread it. It'll stick better. And you won't have to use the toothpick. Or string.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Claire loves wraps (or "The Dora Map" as she calls them). We use whole wheat and diced chicken, cheese and some low fat cream cheese to make little mexican wraps. I got this Deceptively Delicious cookbook and it says mix in some pureed vegies, like carrots. We did and you cannot taste them at all! Good way to sneek in some good stuff.